Upcoming performance: Saturday 19/10/2019, London (exact time and venue to be announced nearer the date)
Smooth shapes, loose tumbles and harmonious lines with effective, uncomplicated lighting. Eye-soothing synchronisation, syncopation, mirroring and the dancers’ personal connection made Swapping Shadows joyfully easy to watch.
Dancers: Shivaangee Agrawal & Yanaëlle Thiran. Costume designer: Akshy Marayen. Lighting designer: Sally Somerville-Woodiwis. Choreographer: Yanaëlle Thiran
Music: Intro by Joris Vanvinckenroye; Whispering to Waves by Mehmet Polat Trio (with text by Yanaëlle Thiran); 21 and Hassan – Chabi Majnoun by Oneira; Intro 2 by Wouter Vandenabeele (with poem: Shadows by Kathryn Rock, read by Shivaangee Agrawal)
Duration: 19 minutes
A stunning inspirational piece!
– Tom O’Gorman, dance student
Past performance dates:
- 07/10/2018: Quinzena de Dança de Almada, Portugal
- 23/01/2018: Premiere at The Place, London, as part of Resolution 2018
- 08/12/2017: Sharing of a work in progress at the Bunker Theatre, London
- 03/12/2017: Sharing of a work in progress at Chestnuts Community Centre, London
Beautiful music and lighting and I enjoyed every moment of it. It lifted my spirit and made me excited about dance!
– Zoe Georgalis, dance artist
- Resolution festival reviews: https://www.theplace.org.uk/blog/resolution-review-2018/tue-23-jan-lydia-touliatouyanaelle-thiranhinged-dance-co
- David Evans’ blog: https://www.dancexmediums.com/single-post/2018/02/20/Review-Swapping-Shadows-at-Resolution-2018
“We dance with the shadows
And become more than we are
More than we could have been
Before we stumbled into the shadow shoes
And attempted to submerge ourselves
– Kathryn Rock (https://hellopoetry.com/kathryn-rock/)